I have not been writing lately and there is no real good excuse for that except that life has been rolling along as expected. That is a bit of a lie, because I am eternally optimistic and life generally sucks. So there is a huge disconnect between what I think will happen and what does happen. The only constant is that it usually sucks. For instance:
1. My daughter was supposed to graduate from college this May - long story short, she had a practicum with an absolute bitch and was given an F - this is a girl with a 3.8 GPA (not any more of course due to the F). Then it was suggested that she change majors, so she did and was supposed to take two classes this summer and graduate. Nope, now she has to have three more courses in the fall. So she should graduate in December.
2. Because of all of this, said daughter is giving up her apartment and moving back to the homestead! This is not inherently a bad thing, but she has cried since April 18!
3. I love (L-O-V-E) my job and they are talking about closing our library and merging our educational materials with the main library. And I love my job here. Waaaa!
4. Mother's Day sucked too. My sister is mad at me, so I did not get to go see my mother. And I had breakfast with all of my kids, but no one gave me a gift. I know it isn't all about a gift, but come on! At least some of them helped me do some work around the house.
5. A spider bit my leg two weeks ago and it still has not healed. I am not happy about that at all.
6. And finally - today has been one of the weirdest ever. As I have mentioned before, my husband is bipolar and therefore he takes some pretty heavy duty anti-psychotic medications. I am pretty sure that I woke up at some point last night and took one of his pills. I am walking around in a foggy funk that barely allows for intelligent comments. He thinks it is funny - I do not.