Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Early Bird

So, I woke up at 3:30 this morning and found dear husband sleeping straight up in a chair in my office. I sent him back to bed and sat down to get some grading done. I only have 9 more in Unit 3. I am still so far behind, but ahead of my co-prof. My plan is to be caught up by the weekend. In between projects, I have been very productive. I boiled some eggs to take for lunch, made both of our sandwiches, did two loads of laundry, and gathered all of the trash to go out to the street. The thing is, he is distracting. When he is with me, I cannot stay focused on grading - that is how I get behind.

Reasons he is distracting: first he is dead sexy and that is a distraction all to its own; he is terribly funny and even when I try not to listen to his commentary on life, whats on TV, his day, or ANY other visual or aural stimulation, I cannot help but hear him and get tickled; he gets all seven of our dogs going and they are too funny to miss; he suggests a million other things that we could be doing. I usually cave in and give up on any productivity. Then I get up at the butt crack of dawn and do my work in the silence of our sleeping house.

In other news, I am trying to learn how to crochet. Oh goodness I am so uncoordinated. I bought the book The Happy Hooker and it is great, but cannot reach out and make my fingers work properly. I am not giving up. I might go to classes on Saturday, but I am not a big fan of going solo and don't have anyone to take with me. But the desire is strong so I might fight my natural longing for companionship in all endeavors and go about a mile down the street to the class at the local yarn store. I need to call them though because they say it is for knitters and according to the book, sometimes crochet hooks and knitting needles are not friends!

I opted to take a demotion in August 2006 to move to a different library and I think it has been perhaps the best decision of my life - except for my divorce of course. I love the Curriculum Library - no more meetings, only direct interaction with the students. I have four students that work for me and they are delightful as well. My immediate boss is a little quirky, but fun to work with and I genuinely love her. I am classifying books, cataloging, ordering, and involved. Much better than Head of Circulation with the daily meetings and problem employees. Thank goodness I was led to that decision - while it was quite painful to give up what I loved about the position, I am so grateful to be on the other side - happy and stress free for the most part. And I get to read Newbery books and call it part of my job assignment. I mean, how can I recommend a book if I haven't read it?

Time to go check the dryer. Hope the day is bright and the force is with you.
Flusi

No comments:

Visit my book blogs!


To read the ramblings and reviews of a wide variety of books, please take a look!
LibrarysCat Book List

Holocaust Resources